How to link Google Webmaster Tools
If you’re using wordpress’s All in one SEO plugin and want to link it with your Google Webmaster Tools account the recommended method by google may not be the easiest way.
- Log in to your Google Webmaster Tools account and click on add a property on the top right, then key in your website URL.
- The recommended method is a HTML file upload, don’t use this method. Choose alternate methods and select HTML tag. Copy the code as shown below.
3. Now go back to your website admin panel. Select All in One SEO and scroll down till you see the Webmaster Verification box and paste the code you copied into the Google Webmaster Tools box then scroll down to the bottom of the page and click update.
4. Go back to the Google Webmaster Tools page and click verify.
How to link Google Analytics
- To link your All in one SEO plugin with Google Analytics you first need to create a new property in your Google Analytics page. Key in your website URL and name and click on get tracking ID.
- Copy the tracking ID given to you as below.
- Go back to your website and select All in One SEO from the admin panel. Scroll down until you reach the Google settings box and past the tracking ID into the Google Analytics ID box.
- You are done ! You can start viewing data for this website on your Google Analytics account.