CB Passive Income first struck me as a good, newbie friendly program. However after more thought there seems to be more than meets the eye.
You’ve come to the right place if you want to know if CB passive Income is right for you.
What is CB Passive Income 4.0?
First things first, the founder of CB Passive Income 4.0 and all the other versions is Patric Chan. He’s been in the Internet Marketing industry for awhile now and is rather experienced, he’s even got a few books written !
CB Passive Income, as its name suggests is a program that will help you generate passive income. The idea behind it is that you get traffic or leads and Patric will help promote products for you.
He promotes ClickBank ( a well-known affiliate network ) products for you, hence the name.
If you watch the promo video he claims that you don’t even need to create your own website, you just clone his system and he will help you generate money.
Is this true though?
How much does CB Passive Income cost?
If you’ve read my other reviews you would know that I’m not a big fan of programs with an absurdly high cost. Thankfully CB passive Income does offer a trial and frankly speaking their prices aren’t high.
You have to pay :
- $1 for the 14 day trial or
- $47 for the Monthly membership or
- A one time payment of $97
What do you get with the membership?
- get your own “secret webpage”, basically a squeeze page or opt in page
- training on how to get traffic
- learn about free traffic methods like forum traffic or social media traffic
- learn about paid traffic methods like Bing Ads or Solo ads
How do you make money with CB Passive Income?
Honestly speaking CB Passive Income’s system is a tried and tested system of making money, somewhat similar to e-mail marketing which a lot of Internet marketers use.
Remember that squeeze page that you’ll be getting with the membership?
- The first step is to send people to your squeeze page
- Then, those that land on your unique page will sign up to your e-mail list
- Once their e-mail is in the system, Patric will send them e-mails for you promoting ClickBank products
- These e-mails will contain affiliate links so if someone buys the product through that link you’ll make a commission
The idea is simple enough and you should be able to see that you can really make money if you’ve managed to complete the 4 steps above.
Is this the truth? Here’s what they don’t tell you!
In the promo video Patric makes it sound super easy. In reality however there are a lot of other aspects that you might not know about if you have no experience doing affiliate marketing.
The first problem is that you’re responsible for getting your own traffic or visitors. If you can’t get anyone to sign up to your e-mail list you won’t be making any money.
Anyone doing affiliate marketing will know that getting traffic in itself is also not enough, your traffic has to be of good quality.
What does good quality traffic mean?
It basically means targeted traffic. If you’re promoting Internet Marketing products your leads that you generate should be interested in this topic. If they aren’t it won’t matter how many e-mails you send them they simply won’t buy anything.
This means that you can’t just ask your friends and family to sign up ( obviously I don’t recommend this whatever the situation ) and you have to find someone who is really interested in what you’re promoting.
The case might be possible that even if you get a ton of sign ups, no one will buy anything from those e-mails.
You also have to remember that Patric has access to all those e-mails that you’ve picked up. All the e-mails sent out will be in Patric’s name and he has control over what’s being promoted and how to promote it.
- I guess it can be somewhat passive if you know how to generate leads
- E-mail marketing is a legit system that a lot of people use
- Not too pricey to get started, some programs cost a whole lot more
- Patric definitely knows his stuff
- There is also a 60 day money back guarantee in case you decide to quit
- You have access to that e-mail list as well so you can take the e-mails with you when you quit ( although I’m sure Patric will still have them too )
- It really isn’t all done by Patric Chan as he promotes
- He claims that he promotes Clickbank products because they are mostly good products, I find this hard to believe. There are some pretty crappy products on Clickbank as well
- The promo video also claims that the conversion rate is 50%, but this will largely depend on you because as I’ve said it depends on the quality of the traffic you’re bringing in
- I disagree when he says that you don’t need to learn Internet Marketing with this system
Is CB Passive Income a Scam?
CB Passive Income is by no means a scam, but it might not turn out to be as what you’ve expected.
In my opinion you have to drive traffic yourself and get leads by yourself so it isn’t fully passive. Also if you think about it, ultimately what you’re doing is helping Patric grow his e-mail list.
The fact is that since he’s sending the e-mails your subscribers will think they have subscribed to Patric’s list. Even if you leave and take their e-mails with you they might find it weird that another guy is e-mailing them.
What should you do now?
If you’re serious about making money online, whether through e-mail marketing or whatever I would suggest you do everything from scratch so you can learn the process.
If you’re looking to learn the basics and want step-by-step training Wealthy Affiliate would be a good place to start.
As a beginner there are a lot of merits to getting your hands dirty rather than following another system. Whatever that you’ll be doing with CB passive income can actually be done on your own, writing e-mails to promote something will be a useful skill for you. The best part is that it will be in your name !
All I can say is, don’t be lazy. The more hard work you put in now the more rewards you’ll get in the future.