Wealthy Affiliate is regarded as one of the best affiliate marketing training programs out there. I mean, just look at all those positive reviews online !
Of course I still remained skeptical about it. How can every single review I find be good and why aren’t there any flaws to this program? Is Wealthy Affiliate a scam? Do people actually make money with Wealthy Affiliate?
The only way to get to the bottom of this is if I join the program myself. I would s
ay that their free membership sort of made the decision easier for me to dive right in.
What is Wealthy Affiliate?
Wealthy Affiliate at it’s core is an affiliate marketing training program, with a focus of helping you create your own blog and using that blog to make money.
The owners of Wealthy Affiliate are Kyle and Carson.
When I dove right in I’ve noticed that the free membership gives you access to their first level of training.
This is pretty cool because by the end of it you will have your very own fully functioning website.
There’s also a lot of other features in Wealthy Affiliate, from a live chat function to their very own forums. All in all it feels like a social media for affiliate marketers of some sorts.
Good for networking and getting guidance.
How do you make money with Wealthy Affiliate?
If you follow the training this is what they’ll teach you ( feel free to cross reference the picture above ) :
- Choosing your niche, which is like a very specific segment of the market. Instead of going for a food blog, you go for something like a healthy organic food blog.
- The reasoning behind this is that there would be less competition.
- You then start building your website and write posts related to your niche.
- The secret here is that you want to do your keyword research to find a keyword that has less competition and a decent number of searches.
- Eventually your posts will get ranked on Google. This is when you’ll start getting visitors to your site.
- Rinse and repeat, continue writing posts, continue ranking on Google.
- You have to look for some affiliate programs and sign up with them, Amazon is a great start.
- You can now monetize your website with affiliate links or advertisements if you want !
This looks fine on paper but does Wealthy Affiliate Really Work?
After browsing around their forums area it is possible to find some success stories from their members.
- First Success Story :
- Second Success Story :
- Third Success Story :
I obviously have no idea who these people are. I’ve just picked some success stories at random. I’m guessing the high earners are the more senior members at Wealthy Affiliate.
My personal view on Wealthy Affiliate after going through their training.
Just a heads up, this post was written after I went premium and I do promote Wealthy Affiliate as an affiliate.
When I started, I was just like you. I wanted to make money online but I simply didn’t know how.
I decided to give Wealthy Affiliate a try and I will let the results show for themselves. It took me 6 months to make my first bit of money with Wealthy Affiliate.
It isn’t much though but the training does work. I also took a break for a couple of months in May for my exams so I’m pretty happy with the results so far.
What You Get With a Free or Premium Membership at Wealthy Affiliate
- You can create 2 free websites, however you don’t own the domains
- Free website hosting
- Access to the basic training and tutorials on the website
- 7 day premium membership trial period, it unlocks some features like live chat and posting comments
- You have access to their forums area which is full of useful information as well
I have a bit of a bad news for you if you’re from one of these countries :
I’m very sorry to say that Wealthy Affiliate doesn’t offer a free membership to people from these countries due to varies reasons.
I’m just as disappointed as you are but I’m sure that they have their reasons. There have been some good people coming up to me and saying that they aren’t allowed the free membership.
Again, I’m very sorry.
Kyle is one of the owners of Wealthy Affiliate. The good news though is that you can still go for the premium membership.
Premium Membership ( $49 per month )
- Can create up to 50 websites
- more added security and site support for your websites
- free SSL certificate, which basicly means your website changes from http to https and is more secure.
- Access to more advanced training and tutorials
- Access to Wealthy Affiliate’s own keyword research tool
- Live chat and access to their comments exchange platform.
- 2 times higher commission if you become an affiliate for Wealthy Affiliate
What’s in it for you if you join Wealthy Affiliate?
You might be wondering yourself, why should you join Wealthy Affiliate?
I’ll first have to ask you this, do you have a desire to make money online?
When I first started out I would see posts or stories about people saying that they have to grind or hustle and now they’re rich. This of course made me curious, I wanted to make money as well.
But my problem was what were these people grinding or hustling about? I get that it takes hard work to make money but I wanted to know how they made their money.
This brings us back to you, are you in that position where you want to make money, you’re ready to work for it but you just don’t know what you should be working on?
If so then this is what you’ll get out of Wealthy Affiliate – a way to make money online that actually works.
If you join Wealthy Affiliate you’ll know exactly what you should be working on so you don’t waste your time with meaningless or non profitable tasks.
My Opinion on when you should go premium
If you’re just a starting out I don’t recommend you go premium just yet. With no prior knowledge you would start at the basic courses which are free anyway, if you jump right into the more advanced ones you might not fully understand it. You should get started for free and start building your website and learn the fundamentals first.
Going premium gives you a lot of benefits and you should consider it if you’re serious about creating your online business. However you should upgrade after your website can earn you the fees needed to become a premium member. if not the $49 would be coming out of your pocket every month. Think about it this way, after making some money from your website you re-invest that money by going premium to grow your business.
What’s the real truth about Wealthy Affiliate?
Like I said there is a reason to all those positive reviews out there. Obviously after having checked out this program I will say that most of the reviews out there are accurate, Wealthy Affiliate is indeed a good program.
But this isn’t the only reason. The other reason is that within Wealthy Affiliate they have something called a Bootcamp lesson which is basically what you can choose as your niche if you have no idea what to choose.
The Bootcamp teaches you how to promote Wealthy Affiliate and this is one of the reasons why Wealthy Affiliate has so many good reviews.
Incase you haven’t noticed, this review is also part of the Bootcamp.
I would guess that there are a number of newcomers who don’t have a solid direction yet and will go with the Bootcamp. In one of the lessons they do teach you how to write a review with Wealthy Affiliate being your first review.
This however, does not mean that Wealthy Affiliate is a scam. From what I see they do not force anyone to promote Wealthy Affiliate and you can apply their training to promoting pretty much whatever you want.
What I like about Wealthy Affiliate
- Beginner friendly, anyone can make money with their method and you don’t need much technical knowledge
- The free membership means that you can give it a test run without having to spend money first
- Up to date training. Throughout my time in Wealthy Affiliate there has been a number of updates. This is crucial because while there are a lot of good programs out there some of them may have outdated information
- Very lively and helpful community. You can pop a question in the live chat or forums to get your answer. Also, the more senior members at Wealthy Affiliate would be earning a living online so it would be nice to get some advice from them
- Pretty much all the tools you need in one place. Your website hosting, keyword tools, etc …
- They have something like a platform for you to exchange feedback and comments on your website with other members, very useful
What I don’t like about Wealthy Affiliate
A lot of reviews don’t really touch on the cons so I’m here to give you my 2 cents.
- Hosting is provided with their membership, both free and premium but from my time at Wealthy Affiliate my website has gone offline a couple of times
- It can take a long time before you start seeing earnings like in my case. Then again it does depend on your effort. I’ve seen a member that started around the same time as I did and he’s already made 40+ sales.
- Being somewhat like a social media there can be a lot of distractions especially in the live chat or forums. Other reviews would talk about this but I do want to see that sometimes the forums can be flooded with useless posts.
Does Wealthy Affiliate actually live up to all the hype?
In my opinion yes.
Is it the best affiliate marketing training out there?
It’s hard to say because affiliate marketing is a very wide field and there are a lot of different methods out there that you still need to learn.
Is Wealthy Affiliate worth your time and money?
This depends on what you want to achieve. It might seem a little too long to spend 6 months working on a site before getting your first income to some. See, you could just run some ad campaigns to get a head start but I didn’t have the money.
Therefore for me, using time and effort suited my situation and personally I do think it was worth those 6 months. I will continue to work harder at it to grow my income.
Do you want to join Wealthy Affiliate?
If you do, you can sign up here for free. Remember, their method requires effort and time on your part. If you’re not prepared to put in the effort Wealthy Affiliate may not be for you.